Do not hesitage to give us a call.
+4 021 312 30 45
A short trip designed to discover the Republic of Moldova, including the enigmatic Transnistria, in a surprising cultural and culinary experience. You will walk thru the streets of Chisinau, the country’s main travel destination, and get rewarded with a glass of vișinată in a cozy pub.
You will also visit the famous Cricova Winery, the pride of Moldavians, and indulge yourselves with black caviar and champagne tasting at the largest sturgeon farm in Europe.
• After your arrival in Chisinau, you will meet our colleague at the hotel for check-in and a short tour of the capital of Moldova.
• We will start this experience with a walking guided tour of Chisinau, the country’s main travel destination. While the city was founded in 1420, much of Chisinau was flatten in WWII. The Soviet conquerors reshaped it into what you see today: Stalinist architecture blended with gloriously modernism from the later Soviet period and a bit of pre-war monuments. You will discover beautiful churches, museums, parks and get familiar with the local history, culture and everyday life.
• After the tour, you will be rewarded with a glass of authentic liqueur and some drunk cherries in a cozy pub. Piana Vyshnia is a place for those who prefer a special attitude, treasure the feelings and great memories.
Overnight: Chisinau | Meals: – – –
• Breakfast at the hotel and departure from Chisinau to Orheiul Vechi:
• The entire history of Moldova is contained in Orheiul Vechi – an outdoor museum complex. Situated in a valley shaped by the tireless Raut River with a pristine natural landscape, the unique setting at Orheiul Vechi is a colossal and overwhelming surprise. This site was inhabited even 40,000 years ago and over the years Thracians, Getae, Dacians and Tartars lived here.
• Horn-shaped cookies master class – while in Moldova there is a variety of sweet delights which are served to guests at special occasions, horn-shaped cookies filled with rose jam are the ones which take us back to childhood. If you are the one who has dessert to the main course, then this activity is definitely for you. During the cooking classes you will transform simple ingredients into something supreme. Easy to prepare, this pastry will bring you lots of joy.
• Free time for lunch. In the afternoon you will head toward the pride of Moldavians:
• Cricova Winery is, without a doubt, a pearl of local winemaking. In the famous limestone underground, under the close supervision of winemakers, countless collector wines are kept. The underground galleries in Cricova are made up of over seventy streets with an area of almost 53 hectares. Wine storage began with the collection of Nazi Aviation Minister Hermann Göring, which was brought by the Soviet army at the end of World War II. The story that delights the visitors is related to the Russian pilot Iuri Gagarin, who got lost and missed the exit after serving “a little” wine during his visit to Cricova. He did not leave until the next day, after sleeping in the tasting room that bears his name today. Also here you will be able to admire through the spider web the oldest wine glass in the collection- Easter Jerusalem, dating from 1902.
• In the evening we return to Chisinau, for free time and accommodation at the hotel.
Overnight: Chisinau | Meals: B – –
• Breakfast at the hotel. Today you will continue your Moldavian experience.
• Black caviar and champagne tasting – caviar and champagne have long been considered a classic pairing in caviar connoisseur circles – the crisp flavors and exquisite bubbles of the champagne creates a balance to the saltiness and silky richness that the caviar exudes. Just before tasting several types of caviar, you will have the chance to explore Aquatir, one of the biggest black caviar factories from Eastern Europe. Here you will learn about sturgeon fish farming and the fact that this farm uses only salt and no other preservatives. This way they can keep the unique and natural taste of black caviar.
• Free time for lunch. Continue your visit with:
• Tiraspol City Tour – Although the city was previously inhabited, it was officially founded in October 1792 by Alexander Suvorov, a famous Russian military hero. Time seems to have stood still here since the USSR period. The straight wide streets, rows of brick 5-stores housing project back in 60s. Notable places to visit include the Vladimir Lenin monument and the tanks left over from WWII. Most of the sites could be seen by walking down the main street, called October 25th Street in honor of the 1917 Socialist Revolution.
Our recommendation: Optional trip with cognac and chocolate pairing at Kvint Factory.
Chocolates and a bottle is possibly one of the most classic gift-combos. But if you think that getting it right is easy, you’ve got another thing coming! Knowing which chocolate goes with which cognac is an art in itself and finding the perfect pairing is technical, but worth it. The Kvint sommelier will explain you how the refined taste of cognac and the rich aroma of chocolate can make a perfect combination. Having a history of more than 120 years, Kvint keeps 11 million liters of spirits aged from 1 year to 60 years and offers a great freedom to local masters for developing new flavors. Extra Cost: 75 EUR/person (for a group of 2 persons) and 45 EUR/person (for a group of 3-4 persons).
• Return from Tiraspol to Chisinau, for accommodation.
Overnight: Chisinau | Meals: B – –
• Breakfast at the hotel and check-out.
• Free time for shopping and transfer from the hotel to the airport.
Overnight: – | Meals: B – –